Cooking With Huang
Hello and welcome to Cooking With Huang! Today i am going to teach you to cook Lemon & Pepper Sauce Salmon. I bought the salmon fillet from AMK hub Fairprice at $7 and a lemon for $0.40. The ingredients in this recipe is portioned for big eaters like myself. A normal serving in any restaurant should be 150 grams.
Ingredients:
300 grams of Salmon Fillet
Juice of 1 Whole Lemon
Olive Oil
Salt
Black Pepper
Okay I will start by explaining picture by picture, I chopped the lemon into half or later use, and spread evenly a pinch of salt and sprinkles of black pepper each for both the skinned and meat side for the taste. The picture is showing the meat facing top, just in case you dunno what i am talking about.
After "marinating the salmon fillet", get ready your olive oil, pepper and salt near you for your convenience to reach while you are cooking.
Heat the pan hot.. about 20 seconds when you start your fire. Now, pour in a little bit of olive oil into the pan and try to juggle and spread the oil around the pan area. When you start to see smoke, now you can place your salmon in, lay in the skin side to cook first. Try not to move about when the fish is cooking as it may turn into skin with holes, wait for about 3 - 5 minutes with medium-low fire. Then turn over, gently.
For non-stick pan, this scenario won't be happening. I am embarrassed that the skin is sticked onto the pan. Wait for another 2 - 5 minutes depending how well you want the salmon fillet to be done. For me, I waited for 2 minutes.. Take out the salmon and place it into the serving plate.
Don't off your fire yet. Now its time for the lemon to be used, I hand squeezed the lemons for it's juices into the pan. The initial impact when the juices touch the pan should be like "spraying of acid gas". Try not to look into the pan to avoid the gas from entering your eyes. Pour 2 table spoon of olive oil immediately and a big sprinkle of black pepper. Constantly stir it for 15 seconds and you can pour the Lemon-Pepper Sauce onto the Salmon Fillet.
This is what it should look like, i managed to retrieve the skin of the salmon and placed it on top of the meat.. It became crispy after being grilled a long on the pan. Notice the few slices of salmon meat on the left of the plate, I purposely make it as I like the dual-tenderness feeling.
Look at the cross-section of the salmon. It's medium raw.
A closer view of the cross section, Look how beautiful it is! Nice to see and nice to eat!
Tada!! This is my first time cooking this dish, I learned it while I am browsing youtube.
For the case of those whose pan will stick, eat the sashimi with crispy skin on top, I tasted it, I don't have to use my teeth to bite at all! All I did is just wiggle my tongue and it melts immediately my mouth! To perfect this dish, drink white wine as you eat! Try it! This is a great dish for fish meat lovers.
Please leave comments on my tagboard I would appreciate it! Last but not east, Enjoy Cooking!