Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Great Teacher

Yesterday night, I received a reply from Mrs Ng, I think most of the ex-ite students in ngee ann poly now should know her. I sent her a email to express my appreciation.. And she replied something which in return, made me feel touched and also motivated me clear to my ambition, being a teacher. below are our email messages.
---------------------------------------------------------
To: Mrs Ng Mun Kit
Subject: Gratitude of Appreciation

Hello Mrs Ng,

It's Jeffrey here, former class advisee in your macro-economics tutorial group. I didn't get the distinction I wanted instead I got an A+. Well, I did what I can then and will keep humble while striving for better grades next semester. I am here to thank you for the teachings, encouragements, patience and the nulturings you gave to us. I am very glad I had you as my class adviser.

Well enjoy the remaining holidays! see you in school soon!

Cheers
Jeffrey Huang
---------------------------------------------------------
And her Reply
---------------------------------------------------------
To: Jeffrey Huang
Subject: RE: Gratitude of Appreciation

Hi Jeffrey

My apologies for this late response as I have been on leave.Thank you for your lovely email. I am so touched and honoured. Not many students are as thoughtful as you to send a note of thanks. You really made my day when I read your email. I am so encouraged by your words. It had been a real pleasure teaching you as well as your MAEC class (TB22) and especially the ITE students in your class as well as in TA24. You all were so keen to learn, so diligent and attentive - fired up all my passion for teaching! I really enjoyed the revision class with you people - remember? - the one with Ivan, Siew Geok & her cheeky friends whom I don't tutor, Suriani & her boyfriend, ....

Don't be disheartened that you did not manage to garner a distinction. An A+ is just as good. You probably miss by just 1-2 marks. It's still a fantastic grade. Congratulations. Try for a distinction for MIEC.

Warmest regards & take care
Mrs Ng
---------------------------------------------------------